Wednesday, January 29, 2014

"Be Colorful"

These two words: Be Colorful, have really stuck with me throughout these past couple of weeks. 
It got me thinking about a lot of things, and one of the things are: to love and embrace who you are. By who you are, I don't mean such things as demographics, but I mean every inch and centimeter that you consider you. The things you love, the things you find interesting, the things that make you happy. 
I've always struggled with this weird idea that I had to 'fit' into a certain category, a stereotype. I now realize what a ridiculous and foolish thing this was. Embrace your differences, embrace the quirky little things about yourself that you would consider to be 'weird' or 'not normal'. Be colorful. 

I like drinking watered down coffee. 
I love the smell of paint. 
I sometimes like to layer socks, up to three at times. 
I love the way my hair feels when I twirl it between my fingers.
I love hip-hop but I also love classical music. 

(Acknowledging that this is online, and public, I don't want to become too vulnerable, just yet, so i'm not revealing too much)
 
But here's just some things that I love which some people may find weird, and some people may find completely normal.
But I'm starting to realize that I'm gonna to embrace all of these. 

Because,
to feel strongly about something is an amazing thing,
and when this is something you like, it's extraordinary and magnificent.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment